The UHA has become an integral part of the Uxbridge Trail system with some of our Directors sitting on Conservation and Township committees.
Some of the projects we have helped with include the following:
- Donated to the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority to help maintain and improve trail infrastructure.
- Significantly contributed, materials, labour and equipment for maintenance and clean-up of the Uxbridge Countryside Preserve trails.
- Provided volunteers to reroute a section of trail at the Uxbridge Countryside preserve
- Supplied material and labour to help build 4 step-overs for the TRCA in the East Duffins Creek Headwaters Trails at the Walkerwoods and Wilder Forest on the 6th Concession south of Albright Rd.
- Helped design boardwalks and bridges within Uxbridge Township that are designed to accommodate all user groups including equestrians
We are currently involved in the following projects :
- Designing and managing the reconstruction of Trans Canada Trail boardwalks at the Brookdale tract
- Assisting the DMBA to construct and supplying and operating the equipment required for trail re-route at Observation Hill in the Uxbridge Countryside Preserve.