The UHA has become an integral part of the Uxbridge Trail system with some of our Directors sitting on Conservation and Township committees.
Some of the projects we have helped with include:
- Donated funds, labour and equipment to the TRCA to help with replacement of a large section of boardwalk in the Glen Major Forest with a more sustainable trail
Donated funds to GDA to assist with trail maintenance and other necessary projects
Provided expertise and planning for second stage of the boardwalk replacement in the Glen Major Forest which is currently in the proposal phase
- Donated to the Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority to help maintain and improve trail infrastructure.
- Significantly contributed materials, labour and equipment for maintenance and clean-up of the Uxbridge Countryside Preserve trails.
- Provided volunteers to reroute a section of trail at the Uxbridge Countryside preserve
- Supplied material and labour to help build 4 step-overs for the TRCA in the East Duffins Creek Headwaters Trails at the Walkerwoods and Wilder Forest on the 6th Concession south of Albright Rd.
- Helped design boardwalks and bridges within Uxbridge Township that are designed to accommodate all user groups including equestrians
- Designed and managed the reconstruction of Trans Canada Trail boardwalks at the Brookdale tract
- Assisted the DMBA with construction and supplied and operated the equipment required for trail re-route at Observation Hill in the Uxbridge Countryside Preserve.